Who doesn’t love a soft, warm chocolate chip cookie?! These are a breeze to make and satisfy even my serious sweet tooth.
This simple recipe can be made from things most of us keep in the pantry! It only requires one real vegan substitution – a simple FLAX EGG. I’m not counting buying vegan chocolate chips because so many common brands have ‘accidentally’ vegan chips (Ghirardelli, Kirkland, Hersey).
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes 12 cookies) (prep – 12 min cook – 12 min)
- FLAX EGG (1 tbsp ground flax + 1 tbsp water)
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp basking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter alternative
- 1/3 c packed brown sugar
- 1/3 c white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 c vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Combine 1 tbsp flax and 1 tbsp water. Set aside.
- Combine 1/4 c flour, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt in separate bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add 1/2 c room-temp butter (or microwave cold butter for 25 sec).
- Add 1/3 c packed brown sugar and 1/3 c white sugar to butter and whisk vigorously for about 2 minutes. It will be light and fluffy.
- Add the FLAX EGG and 2 tsp vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture. Whisk well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir together.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently fold into the batter.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto the greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until just beginning to brown on the bottom. They will look underdone! Let cool for about 5 min before removing. Enjoy!