Acai bowl – the smoothie you eat with a spoon
Boy, was I wrong. Being able to eat with a spoon (and even chew!) made me slow down and really taste each bite.
Three huge pluses with acai bowls
- Easy. Prep, clean up, and shopping are all a breeze. Can also be prepped before and blended in the AM!
- Nutritious. Fruit, nuts, seeds, milk – need I say more?
- Customizable. Between the blender ingredients and the toppings, the options are nearly endless.
Basic Acai Bowl
serves – 2 total time – 10 min
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 frozen sliced bananas
- 4 tbsp acai powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or milk of choice), plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons nut or seed butter (optional)
- Fresh fruit, sliced (I used kiwi, mango and strawberries)
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Dried berries
- Nuts (better if chopped)
- Add the fruits, acai powder, coconut milk, and nut or seed butter to a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth, adding extra coconut milk as needed to get the blender running. Think frozen-yogurt consistency.
- Spoon the acai mixture into bowls and top with sliced fruit, chia seeds, and any other toppings.
Printer friendly version here.