You (yes, even you) have the skills, budget, and time to make lunch for a whole week.
For this delicious Mediterranean-inspired pasta salad, all you need to know how to do is boil a pot of noodles and chop vegetables. Seriously, it’s that easy to eat home-cooked, nutritious meals.
It takes less than 20 minutes and under $9 to feed yourself for the whole week! Your wallet and waistline will thank you for bringing you lunch this week. (travel adventures >> lunchtime carry out.. in my opinion)
Like most recipes on here, please customize as you like!! No red pepper? Use some broccoli. Gluten free? Quick sub of quinoa pasta and you’re good to go. Omnivore? Feel free to add some feta.
Each person (or each serving!) can further be customized for each persons taste. (I’m a bigger fan of pepper and balsamic than most of my bowls are always loaded)
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
(servings – 6) (prep time – 15 min) (total time – 3 hours)
- 1 16 oz box pasta (elbow or penne), cooked
- 1/2 cucumber, skin mostly removed, chopped
- 15 (about) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small can sliced olives, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 c diced green peppers
- 3/4 c red wine vinegar
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp oregano
- olive oil to coat
- salt, pepper, and spice to taste
- Boil pasta until desired softness. I like mine after about 8 minutes.
- Chop all vegetables. (Or whatever other veggies you’d like)
- Add the spices and liquids. Mix it up gently.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours then enjoy!