Normally I’m a pure chocolate kinda gal but these babies break that rule. So much deliciousness. These cookies barely have time to cool before the whole family is rushing to grab a few.
Loaded with chocolate chips, dried cranberries, pecans, cinnamon, and allspice these are the perfect balance of sweet with a hint of savory.
(makes 12 cookies) (prep – 12 min cook – 12 min)
- FLAX EGG (1 tbsp ground flax + 1 tbsp water)
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp basking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter alternative
- 1/3 c packed brown sugar
- 1/3 c white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 c vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 c pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 c dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Combine 1 tbsp flax and 1 tbsp water. Set aside.
- Combine 1/4 c flour, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt in separate bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, put 1/2 c room-temperature butter (or microwave cold butter for 25 sec).
- Add 1/3 c packed brown sugar and 1/3 c white sugar to butter and whisk vigorously for about 2 minutes. It will be light and fluffy.
- Add the FLAX EGG and 2 tsp vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture. Whisk well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir together. Don’t over mix – use a rubber spatula or wood spoon to mix until just combined.
- Add the 2/3 c chocolate chips, 1/3 c pecans, 1/3 c dried cranberries, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp allspice. Gently fold into the batter.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto the greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until just beginning to brown on the bottom. They will look underdone! Let cool for about 5 min before removing. Enjoy!