Can you use a can opener? Can you chop a few vegetables? Then you can make this.
Shout out to my mom for showing me how to make this way back when. It’s so so simple (and affordable!). All you have to do is open a few cans, chop a few veggies, and top with your favorite spices or hot sauce. Then mix and enjoy a big (lunch all week big) bowl of deliciousness for less than $4!
Serve this with scoops tortilla chips so you can hold a little bit of everything in your bite! This mix is also great for tacos and nachos. For my tacos (like above),I like to add some refried beans, lots of spicy goodness, veg sour cream, and fresh cilantro.
Corn Black Bean Relish
(servings – 4-6) (prep time – 15 min)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3-6 green onions, chopped
- Olive oil
- Flavor (taco sauce, taco seasoning, hot sauce, chili powder)
- Add all ingredients to bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Let rest in fridge for at least 30 minutes.