Normally I’m a pure chocolate kinda gal but these babies break that rule. So much deliciousness. These cookies barely have time to cool before the whole family is rushing to grab a few.
Loaded with chocolate chips, dried cranberries, pecans, cinnamon, and allspice these are the perfect balance of sweet with a hint of savory. Continue reading
I love the creaminess of sour cream and this dairy free, homemade version doesn’t disappoint. Depending what I’m using it for, I like to add spices (cayenne, dill, dried green onions, etc) to mix it up! From chili to carb cakes, I use this on everything.
Vegan Sour Cream
1 cup raw cashews
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- Place 1 cup cashews in a cup or small bowl and cover by about 1/2 inch with boiling water. Let soak 30 minutes.
- Drain cashews and place in a blender with
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ t salt
- 1/4 cup water.
- Blend until very smooth, adding more water as required to purée the mixture. It takes a while so keep going until smooth.
A printer friendly version here